Cameras: They're not just for photos anymore

Click the > button to watch the video
I love music. I also love taking pictures of people when they're doing something they're passionate about. So it's no surprise that I'm coo-coo for concert photography.

I spent the weekend at the Lollapalooza music festival in Chicago.
My buddy Randy was the grand prize winner in a Sony Playstation music video contest, so he got free passes to the festival for him and his friends. Lollapalooza didn't allow cameras with changeable lenses, but they did allow compact cameras, so I brought my trusty Nikon Coolpix 8700. The 8700 ended up being the best choice because it has 8x zoom and the option of shooting video. I ended up shooting more video than photos. If you saw a moment like the one above, which one would you choose?

If you've never put a video online, don't worry, this is very doable. I went to videos.google.com, created an account and uploaded the video. Once it's uploaded and has a page on google video, click the blue button that says "Email-Blog-Post to MySpace." A link will pop up just underneath it that says "Embed HTML." Just copy that html code and paste it into any website. Easy peezy lemon squeezy. I don't know html (which is why I love blogging), so I was happily surprised that I could handle this. Looks like I'll be doing some video blogging!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey frank,

thanks a ton for letting me be a part of your web-site and part of your photo/video experience. I feel honored and very humble. I'm glad to see people enjoy watching me dance as much as i enjoy dancing. hope to see you again some time in the future. Till then take care and keep up the good work. YOUR PHOTOS ARE SICK!

Danny