Big Brother wants to stroke your ego


I came across a fascinating online service yesterday. Myheritage.com allows you to upload a photo of anyone and apply facial recognition software to compare your photo to a database of celebrities. The screenshot above is my fiance Tere with a similar pose from Audrey Hepburn. It's a 73% match.

Be careful where you do this because it can be addictive. I found myself frantically pouring through photos (I've nearly filled my 80GB hard drive!) to get a higher % match or duplicate the results with multiple photos. My celebrity matches included Richard Gere, Eric Idle and JK Rowling! I had to tell my buddy Randy about this and he wasted no time to upload a photo of his daughter.
This is a terrific exercise in seeing your photos with fresh eyes. Along similar lines, I was fortunate to come across an amazing DVD at the library called The Human Face. There are at least 10 reasons why everyone should watch this video, so just trust me when I tell you that you'll be thanking me for the recommendation!


No comments: